This elegant hotel has a French Colonial flavour in terms of its architecture, the hotel was opened in 2005 and has been built on the site of an old Sugar Plantation owned by French entrepreneur Charles Telfair. The property has style and panache...More
The Awali is back with a new look and following great reinvestment the hotel looks very good looking towards the main season from November. There have been some interesting improvements to the entire property and the restaurants particularly. The...More
Constance Le Prince Maurice is now rated as one of the Island's finest 3 hotels, to summarise the hotel, it is the ultimate secret hideaway property, exclusive, yes, but it is also secluded and offers an understated elegance. It tends to attract the...More
Constance continue to excel with their flagship golf resort on the east coast of Mauritius, with about 30 years of history in servicing golfers from Europe, with two very contrasting golf courses. The Links and Legends are back to their best with...More
Situated on the East Coast of Mauritius south of Le Touessrok, is one of the islands finest resorts. However, Anahita Golf & Spa Resort is more than a resort, it is a luxury retreat with a combination of suites and villas, some of which are new...More
Four Seasons Resort Mauritius at Anahita has the most private and secluded rooms with their pool villas and long gardens giving every client an incredible amount of space and privacy, the beach pool villas are perfect. The minimum standard of room is incredibly high and you have lovely large plunge pools in each garden.
Anahita Resort Suites provide customers with a very relaxed environment, rather different from a standard hotel resort, the prestige suites which have golf or ocean view have 160 square metres of space including a lounge and fully equipped kitchen and a plunge pool on your terrace. The opportunity to play both Ile aux Cerfs and Four Seasons Golf Club is a privilege.
Shangri La's Le Touessrok Resort & Spa have special privileges for all their guests who stay in the Frangipani Island junior suites, this includes champagne on arrival, exclusive breakfast on the island in Republik, an adult only pool, a mini bar which is replenished free daily and a complimentary drinks hour at 5pm on the island daily.
Constance Belle Mare Plage offer a great all inclusive option which includes all your drinks and food during your stay, free daily golf on Links and Legends and significantly buggy hire for both courses. Book early and you get 30% off even the supplement for all inclusive. Now that there are 24 more junior suite beach front rooms there is more capacity.
Constance Le Prince Maurice has the unique Barrachois floating bar and restaurant on it own exclusive lagoon, the junior suites on stilts are a unique type of accommodation in Mauritius right in the lagoon!
Long Beach Resort now offer golf on both Ile aux Cerfs and Four Seasons Golf Club, this can be combined with their excellent all inclusive option and the choice of restaurants here is outstanding. Only one out of six carries an extra supplement.
Le Paradis Resort at Le Morne is the finest location on the island, the beach, the choice of restaurants and sumptuous gardens are exceptional, with beautiful views of Le Morne Mountain and the Lagoon. Golf is free from May to September. Packages can be added in to include Paradis, Tamarina, Avalon and Heritage Golf courses.
Heritage Le Telfair is the only hotel which features a unique French Colonial style of property, the gourmet bliss all inclusive add on has been enhanced for 2017 and you now have a choice of 7 restaurants to choose from, with the highlights being the Gin'ja. Not only is golf free on Heritage, but you also have buggies included. Enjoy a free round on Avalon also with Elegant Golf.
Heritage Awali which has a strong African theme throughout the interior of the resort offer the best all inclusive on the island and you can enjoy the new adult only Indian and Italian restaurant also now in addition to the superb Infinity Blue and restyled and rebranded Balafon. Taking the premium all inclusive option you can benefit from many extra inclusions nothing more significant than a free daily massage and a lobster dinner at Infinity .blue.
There are many great holes to remember from a golf holiday in Mauritius, but the following summary will whet the appetite.
1. Legends par 3, 17th over the estuary and mangrove swamps is a real do or die shot and a stunning spot.
2. The greens of Le Paradis at holes 12 and 16, which both lie on opposite sides of the lagoon are dramatic and scenic. The second hotel into 16 on Paradis is so exciting! A classic risk and reward short par 5.
3. The par 3 holes at The Els Course Anahita on notably the longer 8th and the shorter 17th are exceptionally beautiful and very challenging. Whilst the 4th hole, a roller coaster par 5 called Ocean Drive, with a green overlooking the sea and raised is stunning,
4. The picturesque Ile Aux Cerfs climaxes at the 11th green, the hole is a long dog leg right, with the ocean running down the left at the corner of the tee shot. An exposed high green overlooking ocean and 5. mountains. Coupled with the exciting tee shot at 12 and its green again right beside the sea.
5. The Heritage course, which is many people's favourite in Mauritius, no hole can beat the beauty of the tee shots at 6 and 7, featuring high tees,with lush valleys below and ocean backdrops, with testing second shots to precarious greens.
6. At Avalon, the new Matkovitch course, the short par 4 risk and reward hole from a very high tee into a blind valley and green, may be the highlight of a very interesting and challenging design.
7. Similarly, at Matkovitch's new course called Mont Choisy at Grande Baie, the par 3 holes at 8 and 15 excel, super holes, where from high tees you are playing into greens where only the perfect shot will reward. The 8th is like a links hole, with mounding on both sides of the hole played into a natural hollow, whilst the 15th is surrounded by desert like sand and water all in front.
8. Finally, the Links at Belle Mare has a superb 17th hole par 4 with trouble awaiting on both sides as the hole turns through think vegetation and trees up hill to a tough green.
Avalon Golf Course is already open down near the town of Bois Cheri and Elegant Golf clients staying at Heritage Le Telfair can play it on the gourmet bliss package. The course is maturing all the time, set on high land, the views are exceptional and it is technically a brilliant and varied layout. If you like Heritage Golf Club you will love Avalon, as it is the same designer.
The Constance Hotel group are investing in a new design between the Links course and Le Prince Maurice. This will be their long awaited third course and European Properties are already designing the layout for Constance. The course will be ready for November 2018. The design will take advantage of the same sort or terrain as the excellent Links course.
Mont Choisy, which is also a Matkovitch design, is situated in the north west of the island just below the famous seaside resort of Grande Baie. The course will be an absolute gem, we have seen the construction and design already in October 2016. Set in the grounds of an old chateau the design will be a clever combination of stadium, links and a bit of desert thrown in. We can already see some finished holes and they are mouth watering.
Finally, the Heritage Hotel group are investing in a second course on the higher land to the east of the existing design. The views of the ocean will be even more special and it will be undoubtedly exciting undulating terrain. The design will be a combination of Louis Oosthuizen and Peter Matkovitch, who also created the amazing first Heritage course. This is on line for November 2018.