Finca Cortesín the best golf resort
The best golf resort in Europe is Finca Cortesín Hotel Golf & Spa with an average score of 9,3. The differences in the top of the list are very small, Monte Rei Golf & Country Club is the runner up, with an average score of 9,25. Rockliffe Hall Hotel Golf & Spa - the number one in 2016 - is now the number three.
If you really care about the quality of the golf facility itself (and less about the resort), then Royal Dornoch Golf Club and Monte Rei Golf & Country Club are the resorts to choose. If you would only care about the resort itself, then Finca Cortesin Hotel Golf & Spa and Old Course Hotel St Andrews are the best choices.
Spain, a real golf destination, has the most resorts in the top 100 best golf resorts, seventeen in total. England is second, with fifteen golf resorts making the list. Portugal is third with thirteen golf resorts that made the top 100 list.
The top 10 golf resortsThe following golf resorts form the top 10 of best golf resorts in Europe, according to our definitions and rankings. First the name of the golf resort is shown, then the average rating of the resort and the golf facility.
- Finca Cortesin Hotel Golf & Spa (Spain): 9.3
- Monte Rei Golf & Country Club (Portugal): 9.25
- Rockliffe Hall Hotel Golf & Spa (England): 9.2
- The Westin Resort Costa Navarino (Greece): 9.2
- Trump Turnberry, A Luxury Collection Resort (Scotland): 9.15
- Terre Blanche Hotel Spa Golf Resort (France) 9.1
- Royal Golf Hotel (Scotland): 9.1
- Hotel St Andrews (Scotland): 9.05
- Bowood Hotel, Spa, and Golf Resort (England): 9,0
- The Celtic Manor Resort (Wales): 9,0